From packing your bag to the first contraction, DC Doulas is here to support your decisions, and help you create and implement a plan to navigate your labor journey. This is what you can expect that process to look like:
- 24/7 email, phone or text contact with your doula from the signing of the contract. No question is too small.
- 1 prenatal visit between 34-36 weeks to talk about your specific labor and birth wishes and to finalize the plan for your baby’s arrival.
- Over-the-phone encouragement in early labor until you are ready for your doula to join you, including the answer to “when should we go to the hospital.”
- Face-to-face support from the time requested until baby is in your arms!
- Immediate post birth support, to include breastfeeding assistance.
- 1 postpartum visit within 2 weeks of baby’s arrival.